Job type: Permanent
Location: Shipboard Worldwide Travel
We are currently recruiting skilled and experienced Waiters to join our ships. You will be expected to deliver high quality, efficient, individualized and technically excellent dining services. You will be expected to work in accordance with our Company Policies. You will be required to strictly uphold any Public Health standards and work towards a goal of achieving total guest satisfaction.
Our onboard restaurants are some of the most luxurious at sea and you will be responsible for all food and service in your assigned dining venue.
You will be required to work on average ten hours per day, seven days per week for the duration of your contract. Flexibility with working hours, cleaning duties and any other duties required by shipboard management is imperative.
Excellent fluent, verbal and written English skills are essential. English is the working and safety language on board Silversea vessels. This also includes the ability to give and receive instructions in verbal and written forms and to effectively and efficiently engage with guests and crew members. Conversational in additional languages is considered an asset (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin).
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
- Valid STCW95 certification (can be obtained onboard if not yet available)
- Proven experience in European dining room service
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar position at an International five-star establishment
- Good knowledge of International cuisine and high service standards
- Knowledge of Public Health policies and procedures
- Physical and medical fitness; you will be required to undergo a medical examination prior to embarking the ship
- Moral integrity is required
- Ability to maintain a positive and approachable personality
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to be adaptable to change, quick thinking, able to make decisions under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail. Well organized, self-managed and motivated. Handle multiple demands, remain calm and effective under pressure and resolve issues quickly
- Effective, full, clear and concise communications is essential
- Respects the privacy of guests and colleagues
- Respects the contribution of fellow crew members and actively promotes team work
- Safe, professional and personal working practices
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with cabin mates
- Well-groomed and immaculate appearance
- Ability to deliver a high standard of performance
A full job description of this position will be available on successful application.
Please note that you will only be contacted if your application fulfills our requirements.